WHAT INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU OR YOUR CLIENTS
We may collect and process the following Information about you and your clients:
- Information relating to (but limited to) the following categories of information: (1) contact data (such as e-mail address and phone number); (2) demographic data (such as gender, date of birth and address and postcode (or equivalent)); and (3) other identifying information that is voluntarily provided to us, including without limitation unique identifiers such as passwords, and Information in emails or letters that are send to us;
- Information provided by filling in forms on our Platform, including information provided at the time of registering to use our Platform and other information relating to client quotations or application for policies or information provided requesting further services;
- Information you provide us, or that we may collect from you, when you report a problem with our Platform or a client’s policy;
- a record of correspondence if you or your clients contact us;
- general, aggregated, demographic and non-personal Information;
- details about computer(s) used to contact us, including but not limited to IP addresses, operating systems and browser types, as well as information about your general internet usage (e.g. by using technology that stores information on or gains access to your device, such as cookies, tracking pixels, web beacons, etc., (together, “Cookies”));
- your email address from a third party if you indicate that you have consented to that third party sharing your Information with us;
- any other Information we consider necessary to enhance your experience on the Platform.
HOW WE WILL USE YOUR AND YOUR CLIENTS INFORMATION
We may use Information held about you or your clients in the following ways:
- to provide information, feedback or services requested from us by you or your clients or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to provide you with location-based services;
- contacting you when necessary or requested to facilitate your use of the Service;
- notifying you about certain resources or services we think you may be interested in learning more about;
- to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalised service to you;
- to ensure that content from our Platform is presented in the most effective manner for you and the device you use to access our Platform;
- to notify you about changes to our Services;
- for any other reason which we deem necessary to enhance your experience of the Platform.
TO WHOM WE MAY DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
- Other Entities. To offer you our Services, we may engage with businesses who are affiliates of us and/or non-affiliated service providers (e.g. marketing companies, government entities, regulators, payments processers to process online transactions, etc.). You understand that it is important that such businesses have access to the relevant Information to perform their functions. We will ensure that these businesses do not use your Information for other purposes. By using our Platform, you hereby freely and specifically consent to the transfer, storage, use, and disclosure of your Information among businesses who are affiliates of us and/or non-affiliated service providers, wherever located. These businesses shall be contractually bound to respect the confidentiality of your Information.
- Marketing. We may also use your Information to provide you with information about services which may be of interest to you and enhance your Platform experience, service messages, new features and enhancements. We may contact you via various channels, including without limitation emails, push notifications, web notifications, post, telephone, in-app messages and news feed cards. Additionally, you may be asked to provide additional Information to participate in some of our market research activities.
- Business Transfers. In the event that we or substantially all of our assets are acquired, subscriber and customer information will be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Our Platform and Others. We release account and other Information when we believe such a release is appropriate to comply with the law and law enforcement investigations and to protect the rights, property or safety of our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for various reasons, such as fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
HOW WE STORE YOUR AND YOUR CLIENTS INFORMATION
The information that we collect from you we may store, process and transmit this information in the Europe, United States and locations around the world – including outside your country. Information may also be stored locally on the devices you use to access the Services. Your personal data may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff are engaged in, among other things, the provision of support services, maintain and operating the Site, and providing security services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy. Each affiliate or supplier receiving your personal data is bound by standard contractual clauses that comply with the standard contractual clauses for the transfer of personal data to controllers established in third countries set out in the European Commission Decision 2010/87/EU.
WHAT SECURITY MEASURES WE APPLY
It is important for you to protect yourself against unauthorised access to your password and to your devices used to access our Services. You are responsible for keeping your password confidential. For example, ensure that you sign off when you have finished using a shared device.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Information transmitted to our Platform and any transmission is at your risk.
HOW CAN YOU ACCESS AND AMEND YOUR AND YOUR CLIENTS INFORMATION?
You are able to access a broad range of information about your account and policy records of your clients during your interactions with the Platform for the purpose of viewing, quoting and arranging policies on behalf of your clients, and, in certain cases, updating your Information.
Examples of information you can access easily at the Platform include:
- personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications and personalised advertising preferences).
- e-mail notification settings.
Data rights. In certain circumstances, you have the right to access and receive a copy of information we hold about you or your clients, to rectify any personal data held that is inaccurate and to request the deletion of personal data held about you or your clients about them. You also have the right to data portability for information you provide to us – this means that you can obtain a copy of your data in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it, or request we send it to a third party. You may have the right to restrict or object to the processing of your personal data by us including for direct marketing. You can exercise your rights by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. NOTE: We may ask you to verify your identity before responding.
You can opt-out of receiving future marketing communications from us at any time by adjusting your customer communication preferences, through live chat (if available) or the unsubscribe link within the email communication.
Also, our system will place cookies when you log on to our Platform and this is to ensure you have an enjoyable user experience and are able to utilise all aspects of the Platform. You may disable Cookies by changing the settings on your browser. If you disable Cookies, it will affect how our Platform works and you may not be able to access or use certain areas of our Platform or full functionality. For example, performance cookies collect information about how you use the Site, for instance, which pages you visit most often, which allows us to provide you with targeted and relevant choices that enhance your Site experience.
We may retain a copy of your Information for compliance reasons. When you update Information, we may retain a copy of the prior version for our records.
We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, but you should check our Platform frequently to see recent changes.
HOW YOU CAN CONTACT US
If you have any concerns about your Information on the Platform, please contact us at email@example.com with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it.