If your customer’s vehicle is unroadworthy following any of the insured perils listed below and their main motor insurer is unable to provide a suitable replacement vehicle, this policy will cover the cost of hiring a replacement vehicle to the specification and duration of the cover that your customer has purchased.
- Theft of, attempted theft of, arson, vehicle interference or criminal damage of their vehicle making it undriveable or a total loss,
- road traffic accident with another vehicle that leaves their vehicle a total loss, or,
- road traffic accident with another vehicle that leaves their vehicle damaged and is deemed repairable, provided their vehicle is insured on a comprehensive basis
- Cover is available for drivers of cars and light commercial vehicles (up to 3500kg GVW) not used for hire and reward.
- Cover is available for 3, 7, 14, 21 and 28 days.
The type of Replacement Vehicle supplied is dependent on the level of cover your customer selects. Cars range from:
- Group A (e.g. Toyota Aygo) to Executive Saloon (e.g. Mercedes E Class)
- Small 4x4 (e.g. Nissan X Trail) to Large 4x4 (e.g. Volvo XC60)
- Small MPV’s (e.g. Vauxhall Zafira) to Large MPV’s (e.g. Seat Alhambra)
- Light commercial vehicles range from Small vans (e.g. VW Caddy) through to Large LWB vans (e.g. Ford Transit LWB)
Please refer to the policy IPID and policy wording for a more detailed explanation of benefits and exclusions.