This offers an alternative to car and light van customers not eligible to take out GAP Insurance.
Sometimes, a customer cannot take out a traditional GAP policy due to many factors which may include:
- The length of time they have owned the vehicle
- The age of the vehicle
- The recorded mileage of the vehicle, or
- On expiry of their GAP policy (because GAP policies cannot be renewed or extended).
In the event that a customer’s vehicle is declared a total loss, this Insurance will pay 25% of the motor insurers settlement amount, up to a maximum of £10,000. Cover is available for 12, 24 or 36 months and premiums are calculated based on the main vehicle insurers annual premium. It will also cover non-fault incidents where a successful claim is accepted and paid by the third-party motor insurer.
- The vehicle is a car or light van less than 3500kg GVW not used for hire or reward,
- The vehicle has not been modified other than in accordance with the manufacturer’s specification,
- The vehicle is not specifically excluded under the terms and conditions of this policy.
Please refer to the policy IPID and policy wording for a more detailed explanation of benefits and exclusions.