What is Family Legal Solutions insurance?
Most people think they are unlikely to become involved in a legal dispute but a bad experience with an employer, a boundary dispute with a neighbour or a holiday from hell are all common problems.
Unfortunately, taking legal action to resolve these kinds of issues can be expensive and complicated. Family Legal Solutions will allow you to protect your legal rights without worrying about the cost and covers much more than the problems mentioned above. The policy provides up to £50,000 towards litigation costs.
It provides protection for legal costs arising from:
- employment disputes, such as unfair dismissal or redundancy claims
- disputes over the purchase of goods and services or private sale of goods
- disputes with your neighbour
- pursuing a claim for injury or death against the person or organisation at fault
- a formal enquiry into your personal tax affairs
- defending a prosecution that arises from a road traffic or work-related offence
- identity theft
- clinical negligence
It provides a specialist legal advice helpline for you to get immediate advice about personal legal matters 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. You can also obtain specialist tax-related advice from the tax helpline, available between 9am and 5pm on weekdays (except bank holidays). In addition, it provides:
- Free confidential support from qualified counsellors for you or your family members who are suffering from emotional upset or feeling worried and anxious about a personal or work-related problem.
- Loss of earnings in the case of absence from work to attend court, tribunal, arbitration, or regulatory proceedings at the request of the appointed advisor or whilst on jury service which results in loss of earnings, up to a maximum of £1,000. 14 day money back guarantee