Breakdown insurance companies will normally only recover your vehicle to the nearest garage for repairs in the event of misfuelling. They do not cover the cost of draining the fuel, replacing the fuel filter, cleaning the fuel lines and tank or replacing the fuel.
For a nominal cost Nice 1 Misfuel Protect goes that step further. Our policy will cover all of the above (including recovery) if your customer misfuels their car, light van or motorcycle.
What is covered?
If you misfuel your car, van (up to 3500kg GVW) or motorcycle Nice 1 Misfuel protect will arrange for
- Draining and flushing the fuel tank on site using a specialist roadside vehicle or
- Recovery of the vehicle, the driver (and up to 6 passengers) to the nearest repairer to drain and flush the fuel tank and
- Replenishing the fuel tank with 10 litres of the correct fuel
- Up to a maximum value of £250 per claim.
- Up to a maximum number of 3 claims per annum, per vehicle